Slow Processing Broken?

Hey there, I uploaded this video for a TC last night, about 15 hours ago:

User Video Player Page – Cracking the Code (troygrady.com)

It’s been “processing” the slow version of the video for that entire time, which hasn’t been my experience with the others. My instinct is to delete and reupload, but if the site is truly processing for that long I don’t want to restart the clock.

Your link didn’t work, do you mean the video titled “Ascending6v2”? I can see that and speed adjustment works as normal. Maybe there’s some issue with notifications, unless you meant something else.

Thanks for the response, yep “Ascending6v2” is what I’m referencing. However, I’m not referencing the speed adjustment function in the video player, I’m referencing speed adjustment that is proprietary to this site, and creates a little toggle with “Original” and “Slow” options, which does a better job preserving the original sound.

ha! I don’t think I’ve ever actually used that, always adjusted inside the player itself. And yes, the slow version of your vid isn’t up.

I do recall reading some mention of night time site maintenance within the last day or two, perhaps that interfered with proper uploading of your vid, but I’m only guessing.

@Troy @tommo

Yes, we did make some changes to the slow conversion process — looking into it now!

1 Like

Ok! That should be fixed, let us know if you run into any other issues.

1 Like

I see now that there is a “request slow motion” button, although when I press it I get a little waiting icon that rotates, but no indication that the request was received or worked.

Aha — there should not be a request slow motion button, it should be automatic. Looking into it.

Ok sorry thought I fixed it, but I didn’t totally fix it — now it’s really, actually totally fixed! Video is converted, and any others waiting will convert as well.

1 Like