Some unaccompanied soloing mixing up picking techniques

Hello, Everyone! I was at home playing today (like most of us are…stay safe everyone!) and for fun I decided to video myself playing some things off the top of my head. I have been tweaking my mic technique I am a lot happier with my recorded sound. I thought I would share the video here. I never really practice crosspicking a lot, I just do it when I feel like it. I should practice it more I guess and see what kind of things I can come up with. I threw a little crosspicking in and a bunch of things using the elbow motion stuff that I like to play. Thanks for watching! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Bill you are great. Stuck working from home waiting on a meeting, nice to hear this crisp playing. Been following the YouTube channel for quite a while now, looking forward to more of your videos. Congrats on the feature with Troy.

2 Likes

Hello! Thanks so much, @guitarenthusiast …I really appreciate it! Thanks so much for watching! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bill this is great as usual! I recall you posting on facebook a very cool improv based on a Pink Floyd tune - it was very inspiring and had some very cool pentatonic licks that I will someday try to steal :wink:

Have you shared it here yet? If not it could be a nice one for next week’s show and tell :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, @tommo! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I have not posted that on here yet. I will post it in the near future since you requested it. Thanks again and stay safe! :slight_smile:

1 Like