Someone from far away

Hi everyone, my name is Camilo and I’m from Chile. I’ve been playing for almost 16 years (I’m 29 yo), and I’ve always noticed that my biggest weakness is my picking technique, and I thought that the lack of mobility in my right hand was something biological. Now I know that it’s just bad technique and not something wrong with my body, and I am so excited to finally learn songs that I thought were impossible to play to me.

I like a large amount of music styles, but my playing is more oriented to rock and metal, also my sound and gear. I am a mechanical engineer, and I love to build things. My coolest baby is a 50 watts Soldano Slo clone that I’ve made in college, maybe I can upload some demos or guide someone that wants to build one for himself, I love to share.

Here is a video of my slow mo playing, I hope to post another one in the future with improved technique.

Thank you Troy fo creating amazing content and change the perception of playing for so many guitarrist like me from everywhere in the world (this is why I love globalization).

Cheers to everyone and always keep playing!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Can you post a video with normal speed too?

2 Likes

Thanks Gabriel! Here is a video with normal speed.

1 Like

Yes, it’s really hoppy, and not even a fast motion. Have you checked out these videos?

1 Like

Yes, and it’s uncomfortable. I’m starting to watch the pickslanting primer, currently on the picking motion part.

2 Likes