Sonny Day - Sonny Amati Schmitt

Holy moley! YouTube is real nice to me sometimes, my ears are in heaven! Dorado Schmitt’s son has some serious finesse in his playing. Sheesh!

2 Likes

That was beautiful! Am I seeing it correctly that he goes into “elbow mode” for the tremolo parts?

1 Like

Honestly I am not sure we can see he plants his fingers to I think kind of help with the chaotic drawback of using wrist to tremolo so he can then add finesse dynamics. I am unsure if its turning or back and forth. But my gosh it sounds like butter so creamy and smooth. might be elbow too, but man he seems so relaxed it is crazy!

1 Like

Did you see how relaxed and finesse that ending finisher lick was, sheesh! I wonder if he hates playing cause his Dad maybe forced him, or if he likes to play.

1 Like

You can tell how good his ears are cause right when the song starts he slips up, corrects insanely fast, winces a bit looks at the other guys. Recomposes and proceeds to absolutely kill it!

1 Like

Well looks like his Dad must’ve showed him the secret, or showed him how to do it even better. His dad doesn’t anchor.

I found this version sounds so good!

Dude the phrase at 1:04-1:12 he is like stylin’ on us! What a player!

1 Like