Space bar is killing me!

Hey guys

absolutely love this site and everything on it.
One small thing that is driving me nuts. I use guitar pro all the time and so i am so used to the space bar being assigned to start the music/tab. I’m always hitting space on the soundslice tabs thinking its going to restart the video/tab but it just takes me to the bottom of the webpage!
Its so hard after years and years of guitar pro to remember this. Its killing me lol

not sure if this is just something we have to live with?

Tom

Hi Tom! Soundslice actually does work with the space bar, but your web browser is stealing that key press before it can get there. Here are a couple tricks:

1. Click on the gear menu and put Soundslice into full-screen mode. Space bar should now work.

Even when you’re not in full-screen mode, you can still trick your web browser into doing this:

1. Go to any Soundslice page and click once, anywhere on the page above the video, like on the title.
  2. Now hit the tab key once. This will shift what they call “focus” to the SoundSlice portion of the window below the video. You won’t see this, it’s invisible.
  3. Now, when you hit the space bar, does it play and stop? If so, good! Just don’t click outside of SoundSlice or you’ll have to re-focus using the trick.

Again, as far as I know, this is not a Soundslice thing but a web browser thing. Full-screen is probably the simplest.

1 Like

Wow, that’s rad! I agree with Tom but thought maybe it was just something you had to deal with. Thanks for the handy tip @Troy!

1 Like

@Troy
It works!!! you absolute legend!! thanks amigo