Standard Rock Repertoire?

Totally off-topic, but I misread this as “edible templates” at first. :eyes:

1 Like

Ever wonder why classic rock albums are so good? This is how bands used to demo new songs. hint hint for aspiring rock bands.

2 Likes

The cover bands around here that draw the biggest crowds are doing Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, etc .

Welcome back @jkoch!

Hehe that in there is a proper stylistic jump - the maths equivalent would be something like “1, 2, 237, etc.” :smiley:

1 Like

That was an eye opener for me, my god. I started my journey playing via Rocksmith. Ok I think the first “proper” hair rock I ever played was Pour some sugar on me. Took a few tries but ended up at a good place. I then said to myself “Ok self, what else do I like? Oooh, Bon Jovi is cool” fired up Dead or Alive and I THINK after about 20 minutes I was finally able to untie my fingers from the guitar. Turns out Richie Sambora can play some guitar.

In Brazil these bands are often treated the same way - classic 80’s rock, as they say. It’s very common to find people who put Bon Jovi and Van Halen together as well. Go figure.

This is funny because I’m doing the same thing. It’s a huge list. Better to ask who you’re playing with what 8-10 song are a must. You can always make lead sheets for shit you don’t know. It’s hard as a guitar player because a lot of songs rely on the guitar part to define the song.