Strandberg Humbucker to HSH? Would You?

My Plini has HSH pickups. They sound great, but I love the options of HSH. The single coil gives a great Texas flare for me. Would you, or have any of you, changed a pure humbucker set to HSH combo?

Should that not be done because the rewiring is inefficient ? Or are there any drawbacks to such a change?

I’m confused; you already have an HSH guitar, why are you asking about wiring it to HSH?

My guitar is pure humbuckers. I’d like to make it HSH

It’s a pain to route the body to fit a new pickup where there isn’t one. If you don’t have some woodworking experience, then you’re either risking destroying your instrument or you’re going to pay a luthier a couple hundred dollars to do the mod. I guess it’s up to you if you think it’s worth it to have the extra tonal options. Doesn’t the Plini Boden already have coil split options to get single coil sounds?

So are you talking about routing a Strandberg Plini model, or a different guitar?

I added a middle pickup to my Tele. The inherent benefit of pickguards is that you can be pretty bad at routing, because the pickguard will cover it up anyways. If you’re talking about a non-pickguard guitar (and an expensive one to boot), I wouldn’t recommend it.