String Skipping Cadenza - Endless Loop

This string skipping loop uses the 3 note per string scale shapes, 1st and 2nd.

Once you get it down use get an egg timer and play it SLOWLY non-stop for 2 minutes, then 5 minutes, then 10 minutes. (Not at 140bpm, that is achievable for a short burst, a couple of cycles)

As always play it VERY SLOWLY and don’t speed it up until you’ve got it under your fingers.

2 Likes

10 minutes at 140 bpm with 6 notes per click?

1 Like

That might be the end goal. :grin:

Yes, you can get it faster than that if you work on it.

Lol! I admire your optimism though!

1 Like

It’s all about your mindset, you have to believe that you’re going to shred that lick at ludicrous speed and practice it until you can!

1 Like

C’mon, 6 notes per click @ 140 BPM for 10 minutes is only 8,400 notes…

1 Like

Right. When you put it that way…totally do-able :slight_smile: maybe I need to just turn the hour glass on its side at various points to recover haha Then I can all 8,400 notes in the given time

In all seriousness having a positive mindset is pretty important. Thinking you can’t do something sets up failure.

I’m not sure I would want 5 mins as a goal, let alone 10! Each to their own, but I cant imagine wanting to play at 140bpm for more than about 30 seconds. Anytime after that is just a waste and might as well learn something else. Its a cool loop though, many thanks!

Sorry to clarify, 10 mins at a reasonable speed. 140bpm for a shorter period of time.

You should start slowly until it’s under your fingers and work up to your maximum speed for 10mins, then have a go at a ludicrous speed for 30 sec.

Get the exercise down, don’t fixated on 140bmp, although that is an achievable speed even if it’s only for a short period of time.

I’ve modified the instructions.

Lol thanks! I honestly didn’t know if it was a) sort of a joke; or b) I sucked to even think that it was pretty much impossible.

I honestly don’t know if any guitarist could maintain that speed for 10 minutes haha Maybe John Taylor.

It’s a very nice exercise though, thanks for sharing!

Michael Angelo or Rusty Cooley could probably do it, many can play that fast or faster for a short period.

I will have to work out what tempo I can play constantly for 10mins, I let you know…

This is a really cool sequence, thanks for posting!

1 Like

This was fun!
I played it as quintuplets as well wich is a bit easier because of the accents but sounds good too. Using this idea in a solo will sound killer if you use it ar the right moment!

1 Like