Surreal at this point that it's finally coming out... (Wintersun)

Honestly I had stopped caring after a point same with Tool and Necrophagist some years ago.

Here’s to hoping it’s worth the wait.

As an appreciator of Ukiyo-e art that cover is phenomenal.

3 Likes

You got a link?

Suzuki_Harunobu_-Woman_Visiting_the_Shrine_in_the_Night-_Google_Art_Project_crop

1 Like

Doesn’t come out til the end of the month.

1 Like

Love the prints too, Want to have wall paper filled with it.
Did a Jason Becker cover in that style,

2 Likes

I suspect with absolutely no tangible information whatsoever that Teemu joining Megadeth may have sped up the process. The album had to get out of the door at a time where Teemu’s still available to somewhat play with the band and promote it.

1 Like

Ok, the 12 year wait was kind of worth it. It’s a phenomenal album.
The solo in this is unreal. The little Asian flourishes in the instrumentals and orchestrations throughout the album are cool.

I’d say that before 3:00 or so the drumming is hyperactive to the point of ruining the song. Then, in the middle, the drums calm down, and it sounds great! Then, the drums come back again… I hope they release another version of this song with the drums stripped back.

1 Like

I agree. The arrangement, mixing and production is horrible! It is beyond a wall of sound, there is no room for anything, and the drums are (and likely everything else) is clipping to the point of farting out! I have never heard that before. It’s just too much of EVERYTHING! All at once and it sounds brick limited and normalized to shit.

And that’s a crying shame.

1 Like

Totally agree, this kind of thing has prevented me from enjoying a lot from this style.