Swing tempo to breakthrough 16th rhythm rut into sextuplet flow tactic trick

i utilize swing tempo to break the mold on monotonous 16th flow rhythm with certain sequences, and this trick helps me to feel the flow to break out of the rhythm rut. by utilizing swing tempo, and then double time into sextuplets it gets my flow going way easier. here is a 16th note sequences of 4s climbing in harmonic minor in swing into sextuplets. this might be tricky at first, but just try not to focus on the finger brain rut. you can try to swing tempo first to help break the 16th flow rut if you are trying to get into sextuplet flow. if you have trouble in this area, this really helps me. if the speed is to fast dial it back to a more comfortable speed until you can feel the flow! :smiley:

Let me know if this helps you guys feel like Uli Jon Roth, like how he looks in this video. You might have to adjust the speed of the video to 75%, I have to cause I am not that fast, but maybe you can keep up with him. You will have to adjust to E harmonic minor though kinda sounds like he is playing in the phrygian tetrachord on the f# of e harmonic minor, but i dunno. haha

1 Like