Tap Tests for Technique Critique

Hope this is the correct category for this question. I’m in the process of trying to open a Technique Critique with the instructors and when I try, my status says I’ve watched all the appropriate lesson\prelim vids, which I have but it says I need to do all the tap tests before I can open a TC.

Sorry if I’m slow on the uptake but I’m not sure what that means.

I’ve watched all the tap tests vids and tried them all, but am I supposed to submit videos of me doing the tap tests or what criteria is used to determine whether or not I’ve been credited with having done the tap tests?

Thanks guys. Love all your work. Fantastic stuff.

Hi!
Yeah there is a screen where you submit results, super simple, just enter a number in a text box. The trouble is I can’t remember where you do that!

There is this page, https://troygrady.com/dashboard/tests/

But I don’t see any place to enter anything. Best path is for us to ask @tommo or @Troy where to do this. I’m also pretty sure if anything with this feature is broken, one of them will be able to just grant you access. The whole purpose of this gatekeeping is I think to make sure everyone has actually done the tests so that the critique itself can be more focused (i.e. less waste of the instructor’s time as they ask the people to complete the tests etc)

Good luck, and sorry that I can’t remember where that page is!

Yeah I understand why they’d want people to do that ahead of time to be max prepared and make efficient use of their time. Happy to do it, I just can’t figure out where to enter the values…?

Anybody else got insight here?

Thanks everyone!

Hey @curvy I think I found it

There are chapters on each joint motion. Beneath each video you can enter your speed on that particular test

Starts on chapter 3

Thanks, but yeah I’m aware of those and have gone thru them all I just don’t know how to access the part where I enter my scores etc…? I saw the link you sent on the dashboard that says My Scores or whatever but can’t seem to enter them anywhere?

Hmm. I’ll keep looking.

Thanks again. Appreciate your time.

You don’t see this? Under the video?

Hmmm. Wait…ok maybe I’ll look again. Thanks…

Ok I found it! Hallelujah…thanks so much.

Off to record some tapping.

Excellent! Was it where I said it was? Just wanted to call it out in case someone else has trouble finding it (or if there is a bug in the platform etc)

Looks like the field to enter your speed is just at the bottom of each chapter below the video. I just don’t think I scrolled down far enough…

1 Like