Technical Difficulties

I feel like I’m finally very close to playing this on point - consistency is off though - you can hear my mistakes kinda vary between the two identical runs but they are there for sure

7 Likes

So awesome! I forgot to tell you this when you did the Still of the Night cover but your picking hand looks so good. Not that it matters what it looks like of course, but thought I’d mention it :wink:

1 Like

Appreciate it! I’ve kind of leaned back into a combination of alternate picking and economy, it’s almost full circle where now that I can sort out the motions I was mixing up haphazardly, now I can use them a lot more intentionally. Lately I’m focusing in on building cool runs and less on strict alternate picking, letting myself throw in a touch of legato.

Trying to alternate pick everything was sort of worth it - I know how to do a lot of stuff and can handle a number of two way escaped patterns and switch between DSX and USX as needed - but also damn did it take a lot of time to get comfortable with less natural feeling picking styles!

1 Like

Awesome, man! Sounds fantastic - what a tough tune to rock out!

1 Like