"Test submit failed" error

I’m not really sure where to post this, but I’m trying to take the tests and submitting my BPM for the Chapter 3 tabletop tap test, but it keeps giving me the error in the subject line. Anyone know how to fix?

I moved the topic to “site feedback” since this is typically where users post tech issues. Also tagging @Troy since he handles issues like this.

Thanks Joe.

@gypsyblues73 what do you mean when you say ‘subject line’ — can you link to a screenshot of what you’re seeing? We’ll take a look.

I mean the subject line of this thread. I go to put in my BPM, click the red square Save button, and it gives me the error “Test submit failed”. I’ve tried several times, tried to refresh the page, tried logging out and back in, etc., and nothing works. I can’t be the only one to ever experience this.

I’m not saying you are the only one to experience this, but if you’re asking, it doesn’t immediately sound familiar. Users don’t always report when things go wrong though. In which case, we can’t fix those things!

Based on your description, I know what’s going on. We developed this feature so we could see the values for Technique Critique. And since TC requires a subscription, we just assumed that users of this feature would also be subscribers. What we didn’t plan for is users who own a copy of the Primer and want to store their values, but may not have a current subscription. TC itself requires a subscription, just given the work involved in doing them. But you should definitely be able to save your values regardless.

I updated the code to check for past purchases, so it should correctly recognize that you own the Primer, and allow you to save the results. Give that a shot when you get a moment and let us know how you make out.

Yep you hit the nail on the head, that did it. Thanks Troy!

I’ve been having this issue as well, and assumed it was because I wasn’t a current MIM subscriber, although I did purchase the Primer years ago. I’ll check it out this evening and see if it works - thanks Troy!