Thank you, and a couple of questions

Hello everyone! I have been learning different techniques from this site for about a month now. This site is so easy to use and allows you to learn techniques at a slow or accelerated pace. I will be extending my membership from 1 month to one of the other options over the next few days, so hopefully, I can get to know more of you! Big thanks to Troy and everybody at Cracking the Code!

I’m sure I am not the only one who has experienced pain in their hands or wrist from practicing these techniques, or just generally over practicing. It could be tendonitis I suppose. I’m also having pain in a less common spot (for me anyway). When I make a fist with my left hand the tendons just below the pinky finger knuckle start hurt pretty bad. Both of these things are anoying because they get in the way of practicing and force me to take time off.

If anyone has any suggestions on these I’d love to hear them! That way I can continue learn and practice.

2 Likes

Yes:
Stop, see a doctor.

As far as only one hand is affected, practice with the other only. You can practice the picking concepts shown here with your picking hand isolated. This way you can concentrate on that hand even better.

When your hands are healthy again, try to use as little force as possible by pressing just as much as is needed to produce a good tone with your left hand.

Hope you get better soon, Tom

2 Likes

Seconded! Don’t flirt with pain. It’s not worth it.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

A few related discussions here re: pain / injury:

And more recently:

But yes, none of this is a substitute for real medical advice, particularly for acute pain.