The "double magnet view" - imagine

So I just realised, that modern phones have two cameras, front and back. Imagine, if we were able to record both ways of the fingerboard at the same time. It isn’t possible with just the Iphone software … I am not sure if it is even possible with an app. Maybe someone here knows if you can access both cameras somehow.

Ok, now back to the Fives Connected :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey!!

Someone with a magnet try? I think it could look cool.

Edit:bummer … it looks like it only works on “iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS (and XS Max), and the iPhone XR. Your iPhone will also need to be running iOS 13”. So only a select few can do this…

2 Likes

I seem to think someone else had this idea too, and yeah it would be unreal!

It is possible for the new iPhone’s but what is not possible and won’t be is having one or both cameras record in slow motion.

Yep! Mentioned here too:

We actually haven’t done much w/ this since it’s pretty new and we don’t need the fretting hand angle for our stuff but seems like a cool possibility.

And as noted indeed this doesn’t support slow-mo — I think that’s mainly a hardware limitation, so it’s possible future phones may support it.

If anyones does more tests editing a splitscreen view with two angles filmed simultaneously please feel free to share here!