The guitar duo you didn't know you needed - Olli Soikkeli and Cesar Garabini

View on the Cracking the Code Platform:

4 Likes

These guys came in last week and we all had to pick our jaws up off the floor. They hail from different parts of the guitar landscape but it all works so well together. The world is a little less boring now that these guys have somehow found each other.

We have Olli’s interview coming up, and we did one with Cesar too where we talk about the choro playing style, which is a very cool thumb pick / fingerstyle hybrid with relentlessly funky bass groove on a seven-string acoustic. Amazing stuff.

2 Likes

As a hybrid picking I’m super interested to hear about Ceasar. Not sure if I’d want to play with a thumb pick permanently… but that may change once I see it, who knows?! Look like interesting interviews.

1 Like

Hi Troy.

Is the Cesar interview separate from the Olli interview, or is it part of this interview too, like when you interviewed Strunz and Farah?

Cheers!

1 Like

Yeah I use hybrid too and am very interested in seeing the Cesar interview also.

1 Like

Damn that was wild. Nonstop thrills!

1 Like

They’re separate. But a brief interview with them together would actually have been cool, because there are lots of cool topics there like working out the arrangements and trading off rhythm and lead playing. They have obvious musical chemistry together and you can see that when they’re both in the room even just warming up. But I didn’t really notice that until they showed up and even then we were a little swamped just trying to get all the duets and Cesar’s interview done.

1 Like

Great, thanks! It will be interesting seeing Cesar’s technique with the cool 7 string classical under the camera.

This is so good!

They play really nice together as well!

Incrediblenatural music and picking , fresh woa velocity and combinations plectro pulgar , ritmic and digitacion indice medio , and equal sound who development other men guitar jazz gitano and folk stile country mixing picking jazzy good its amazing {nohay descanzo fluidez total } is for real good music atte Gilbert Misael Guitar player 2018