Thinning The Herd: Steal These Amps! …Aaand it’s gone!

We’ve got 3,200 pounds of Magnets on the way, so we have to make room in the office. We have a few fine amps that we haven’t used in a while up for grabs. If you live in NYC, are willing to pick up local, we’ll let them go for a very reasonable $100 each.

These are all high-gain Roccaforte amps, chock full of high-quality components with meticulous construction and wiring. They all work. The only thing I’ll mention is that these have numerous “tweaker” controls on the back that switch in and out various components, like high-pass and low-pass filters for trimming the bass and treble response. I no longer remember what all of them do, so these are ideal for amp builders with technical knowledge, or enthusiasts who like experimenting.

The Jenelle (the green one) has super nice matching 2x12 cabinet packed with V30s (also $100). The very loud 15-watt combo has a Celestion 75.

Price-wise we’re asking less than what even one of the transformers would run you alone. And as an added bonus, if you can pick these up before Saturday around, say, early afternoon, our friendly Italian tech Signore Tommaso @tommo Tufarelli (last photo) may help load them in your car.

Let us know!

5 Likes

You missing a zero??

Nope! We just need to reclaim the space, and we’re totally swamped on time as well. Packing and shipping an amp head properly is a bear too. So anyone who shows up is doing us a favor.

4 Likes

Hi, Troy! I’m quite interested in the green two channel, and possibly the 2X12 cabinet. I’ll see to it that I can make it into the city this afternoon. Should I keep an eye out for a response here, or is there a next step I should take? Thank you, and looking forward to what happens next!

1 Like

Hey @Fastlicks ! Awesome! Can you send us your contact info [email protected] ?

We forgot to mention this, but we’d prefer that someone takes both the green head and the 2x12 together as they are a perfect match. The cabinet has V30s in it.

Let us know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, Tommo! Just sent an e-mail from my AOL address, and Troy has already responded. Looking forward to speaking with you guys!

1 Like

Doh! If I had more notice I’d come buy something just to meet you and tommo in person.

1 Like

That’ll be $100 pal!

1 Like

FYI the green amp, the “Jenelle” is gone, but we fired all three of them up beforehand and they’re all working well.

We’ve got another potential taker on email for the remaining two, so we may be done here. That was fast — thank you!

2 Likes

I like that the Jenelle has a man/wuss switch in the back. haha

I haven’t posted here before, despite being a member for quite a while, and having been aware of Troy for… perhaps almost 15 years? (around the time of the Freight Train solo and transcription) I gave Fastlicks the heads up on the amp - this was very gracious of you, and it couldn’t have gone to a better guy. I hope you move the remaining ones soon!

2 Likes

Thanks for sending John over. Super nice guy. I think he needs a smart phone, if only for safety reasons. But otherwise I appreciate his dedication to analog amps and retro automobiles!

3 Likes

It was an absolute pleasure meeting you guys. You and Tommo were great, and really cool to chat with. I completely enjoyed the whole experience.

Haven’t had time to plug in yet, but believe I’ve brought home a monster. I’m super excited, and will definitely post about it in the forum.

I haven’t felt like this about something in a long time. My most sincere thank you to you, Tommo, and Dan.

3 Likes

Awesome! Glad to hear it was a good acquisition.

We have one other individual scheduled to stop by on Wednesday for the remaining items. I’ll update the thread either way.

3 Likes

Whats left? I’ll come over if anything is still avail!

lemme know! Thanks so much!

Sorry for the confusion! I only know what I wrote above, that we have someone stopping by on Wednesday to pick up all the remaining items. If that falls through, I’ll update here.

1 Like

Sorry Troy! I misread. So many bonuses to hanging around the forums lol! If you can convince the guy to save something for everyone else would be awesome…

I guess theyre all gone :tired_face:

Yes, all the gear has gone on to new homes. Thanks everyone for the interest!

3 Likes

Honestly I wanted to hang and talk technique more than the amps!