This pick though

Any one on Instagram may have seen these picks pop up as an advertisement. Called acoustic attack picks. They have many models but this one caught my eye. I bought some and I really love these. They glide over the strings effortlessly and the grip really does keep the pick in your hand without any movement at all. I used to use Dunlap ultex sharps and I won’t be going back. So if you like a jazziii or similar sharp pick I’d suggest trying these.

What are they called

Looks like they are called Attak Piks. They look interesting…

Acoustic attak. This particular one is the stealth I believe.

Pack ordered :slight_smile:

Pre CtC I was a jazz iii only guy. On this forum I’ve learned about Swiss Picks, John Petrucci Trinity and Dunlop flow. I love all of them and use them each regularly. So I’m always game to try a new pick. These attaks look cool.

1 Like

I think they made some that is supposed to affect acoustic tones?

I might order some at some point to experiment, I’m pretty set on the picks I’m currently using though (for electric).

Yea they have some that are textured at the point so it adds scratch to your playing.

On the topic of picks, I’ve been digging the new Dunlop Yngwie picks.
They are made with Delrin, they look cool and play super smooth.

“For clean, precise picking that sounds great, these picks are the only choice!”—Yngwie Malmsteen

2 Likes

The Stealth one looks cool, but given all the BS in their marketing I refuse to buy them on principle.

With a single pluck of a string, these structures produce a pattern of multiple strikes which produces a series of waves at different times.

That’s some nonsense right there. Why couldn’t they just say that their picks glide over the strings and feel secure between your fingers? That would have been enough. But instead they felt compelled to claim that these picks magically “tighten up the low end.”

I feel you with the marketing stuff but They are referring to a different pick that has a tip that is like diamond plated sort of and it will add that multiple strike scratch sound to one pluck. In theory. I haven’t tried it. But it’s sort of why Brian may plays with a coin. It’s adds sizzle to your plucking.

That was on the home page, so I assumed it referred to all their picks. I mean, if you’re infusing one pick with Chun-Li multi-strike magic, why not all of them?

They still claim that this pick will “tighten up the low end” which is ridiculous. It’s like they’re just throwing out terms and phrases that they think people want to hear. Next they’ll say that this pick is perfectly transparent and alleviates tone suck.

Not even for the memories? One of my fave picks :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

This one looks really sexy! It’s nicely shaped and seems to be matte(if that’s the word for it). I almost can imagine what it sounds like. Would like try it out.

They look interesting I’ll give them a go. Been using Jazz IIIs for a while now but I do find they slip in my fingers sometimes and its really annoying, they turn 90 degrees and I don’t feel it until I go for a pick stroke and realise the point is perpendicular to the strings, i think its because they are so small and smooth, so the grip on these might help.

1 Like

Because it’s not really possible to play lead with these. They sent us a bag of them a while back. If what they’re referring to with “multi-strike” is what we received, the picks have a series of pronounced ridges and bumps on them, which are designed (I assume) for special effect-type sounds while strumming. Not a thing we really have a need for in what we do as far as teaching, but I could imagine someone maybe figuring out something cool to do with them.

The pick pictured here looks like a more traditional lead pick, pointy point, beveled edge, jazz type variation. Different thing.

You telling me this isn’t an effective stroke?

I just got my pack in the mail. They are pretty cool! If you don’t like beveled, give them a hard pass. Otherwise, I don’t have anything in my pick collection that feels quite like them and so far I really like it.

One really interesting thing is the ‘shorter’ end is totally usable and really limits pick depth. It’s definitely a very smooth feel since the slope is so shallow when using it in that ‘mode’, for lack of a better term.

Also, @Timobkg , I immediately notice that my low end feels tighter than ever when using these. JK :wink: Marketing BS aside though, it seems like a cool product, though a little pricey as far as picks go. I’m glad I ordered them.