Tommo's NY holiday - miscellaneous suggestions welcome :-)

I’ll be on holiday in New York with my partner from today until the 20th, heading to the airport now. We’ll be at a friend’s house in Manhattan.
Please if you feel like it suggest away on the following topics :slight_smile:

• is it possible to rent a guitar for a couple of days from some shop, if I start going pickslanting-cold-turkey?

• any cool gigs / events these days? Not necessarily guitar/metal genre, we like a lot of music!

• any must-visit music shops? Related to this: shops with cool brands of picks that I can find only over there?

• whatever else you want to suggest?

Thanks all \m/

4 Likes

And again you see me jealous :grin:, have a great time!

Isn’t there those crazy guys in Manhattan, that bother famous musicians with nerdy questions?
I think the name is something like ‘Hacking the mode’ … I’d give it a try :joy:

1 Like

Haha I think I bothered the poor guys enough for a lifetime already :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey, cool, welcome to NYC :smiley:

I don’t actually go to tons of live shows but a couple suggestions—

Great small live venue / bar in Brooklyn, awesome eclectic calendar, typically they have shows every day: http://www.barbesbrooklyn.com/

Nice jazz venue in Manhattan, I believe also something just about every evening: https://lalanternacaffe.com/barnextdoor.html

And a few shops in Brooklyn that I haven’t been to personally, but look interesting:

1 Like

Hey Tommo, I never saw this thread until now. How was your vacation? Did you have a good time in New York? I hear they have great pizza there. Did you try it?

1 Like

Hehe yes we did have some NY pizza and it was good :smiley:

I really enjoyed my time there and discovered a fantastic blues guitarist/singer called King Solomon Hicks. I’d suggest anyone who is into blues to check him out. With each bend or vibrato he brought me close to tears (I mean it in a good way)!

1 Like

Hey Tommo, that’s excellent! I’m glad you had such a good time in New York!

2 Likes