Tortex TIII vs. Flow

For the last two years, I have somehow managed to survive on one TIII and one Ultex sharp pick, always resharpening them, constantly afraid of losing them. :smiley:
So I was just going to order a new pack, I had settled on the TIII 1.14mm, when I saw that they have released a new kind of pointy pick, the ā€˜flowā€™.

They look quite similar to me. Any opinions on these and how they compare to the TIIIs? And what about the non-tortex flow picks?

The shape is different, itā€™s based on a Dunlop Jazztone 208 with different materials, sizes and thicknesses being available.

They come in two plastic formulations and multiple thicknesses, try them all via the variety packsā€¦ beware, the hard (non-Tortex) plastic ā€œchirpsā€ a lot.

Iā€™ve been using both Tortex Flow and Ultex Flow picks in 1.0mm for a while now - I tried the original Flows, liked them, always liked Tortex so when they introduced those I figured Iā€™d switch over, and then in the last few weeks have been going back and forth and honestly think I prefer the original Ultex ones - they have rounded edges whereas the Tortex are a little more squared off, and thereā€™s some texturing on the face of the pick I like. They also wear better - itā€™s a tossup when theyā€™re brand new but I like the tone of hte Ultex ones after the Tortex starts to get worn.

The thicker ones definitely chirp a bit - I first tried the Petrucci picks, which are 3.0mm I think - but the thinner ones donā€™t seem particularly prone to it, and Iā€™d rather a pick with a little more give to it than the Petrucciā€™s anyway. Though, they look awesome, so thereā€™s that. :rofl:

Thanks, I guess Iā€™ll try a pack of 1mm flows then

https://www.jimdunlop.com/product/flow<sup>%26reg-<-sup>+variety+pack.do