Transcription: The Guitar Chapter - Michael Romeo

Did anything ever materialize with this?

this was my weak attempt at cesarios cover of it. your transcription looks pretty godlike though, nice job.

1 Like

Is that Young Guitar magazine like the holy grail of tablature? heh. i saw this on here a few weeks ago, and I am considering getting it off ebay. I have the 100% malmsteen one with the concerto tab stuff, hot on your heels, and cd. the tab is quite good in it.

I’d call it the Holy Grail of guitar exercises. It doesn’t have any complete songs or solos (except for some excerpts and passages). It’s definitely worth picking up if you want advanced practice material.

Exercises or kinda like licks or fragments of licks to build upon?

all of the above, it’s all lesson material from the artists so it depends on the approach they take in the lesson.

2 Likes

I better get one before they vanish! :smiley: Is there a version I should look out for in particular?

The 2nd revised edition with the gray cover has like 5 additional lessons,so i’d recommend that one

1 Like

I don’t know why I thought about this particular lick, and why it should be easier than I have always perceived it. But let me give you a big epiphany I had in the ease of thinking about the fingering as to opposed to the actual complexity it tries to trick your brain.

At first glance it appears to do this off the wall fingering 2 3 1, but lets think for a second what if we don’t accept it like this, and instead think of it like 1, 2, 3. Think of that last index finger being the first in the series of 1, 2, 3, but you are just traveling to a new string during the sequence to offset it into a 2 3 1 same string feel. This might can help speed it up for those of us who are struggling just something that crossed my mind as I revisited the transcription I did, and seeing the incredibly accurate ones done here.

Untitled

2 Likes