Tricky steve morse string skipping exercise

i have found this arpeggio/string skipping exercise on songsterr which is credited to steve morse, altough i havent found any information about it on the internet
the string skipping makes it pretty tricky and im not quite sure how to tackle it, maybe practicing string tracking could help

1 Like

You are going to hear this a lot around here :slight_smile:

In a nutshell:

• Memorise the fretting and pickstrokes
  • Once the thing is memorised, try immediately to play the lick fast! Don’t worry if it’s sloppy at first
  • Once you can more or less do it fast (and possibly sloppy), you can slow down a little to try and clean it up. Then try fast again!
1 Like

Hi,

This is one of my favourite instrumental tunes it’s called “the well dressed guitar” it’s off one of the deep purple albums

This is actually the intro bit but not quite as you will hear. there’s loads of really interesting ideas in there. I really like the ending section which starts at 1:42 which is a real bugger to play.

I can play it but not anywhere near as fast as Steve, it’s just all alternate picking. I don’t think there is a trick to this, it’s just hard :smile:

I think there is 1 tab on the net but it’s wrong.

1 Like