Trilogy Intro, Yngwie

@milehighshred finally enticed me to give it a try on Instagram. lol. The notes are a half step off, I don’t want to tune down. :bear: And this is a new guitar with silly ass rubber band 9’s on it. So I have pick slop. I like 10’s. Just sayin’

https://vimeo.com/261913232

4 Likes

I like how you flip us off while you pick.

2 Likes

@Hanky_Pooh has reminded me to post the video I worked on for this pain in the ass intro. Here’s the short clip with tab of how I approached this piece: https://www.facebook.com/mhshred/videos/2051393111799718/

2 Likes

I don’t know where that middle finger comes from. I used to not do that. Usually my hand is closed. Seems like I use it for tracking when I’m worried about messing up. (camera)

Good job transcribing man, the stuff after your intro I’m just improving. I’ve never really learned the song.
:bear::+1:

1 Like

This is my take on it, based on MileHighShred’s transcription.

I’ve changed some note locations, added picking and legato inline with Yngwie’s technique and adjusted the rhythm.

The next step would be to sync it to the original recording using Logic Pro or another DAW

4 Likes

I’ve been trying to nail that third lick for a while too; haven’t tried it in a while. I tried to slow it down for months, as you guys have pointed out the notes are not evenly spread out, the tempo transitions were a clue as to the string changes I thought I the time. I worked out a version where I thought it was close.

I’ve got bit mutton chop fingers so the slides I’ve marked out are critical for me to get it up to speed.
Things to note I guess are left hand slides with a pick stroke ascending on the wee bit frets, which would otherwise end up legato were I’ve marked them out…

I’m going to try out the posted transcriptions to see if mine are deviating from the consensus.

What do you guys think? Any good?

1 Like

Hey Twangsta,

The approach I take is how did the artist play it and then how will I play it.

My transcription is how I think Yngwie played it, personally I would alternate pick everything, except for the 2 string sweep for the Volcano Lick.

I’ll have a go at your method and let you know what I think.

1 Like

Trilogy 5 - Intro Lick 3.gp (9.9 KB)

Had a fresh look at this lick. I suspect it’s going to be closer to the previous posts, my first take was quite off.

edit:

so hard to tell what’s going on here; the simpler approach I think is ascending is the same as the first two licks except for that extra loop, but the return is easier for me to play that way I tabbed it, for me that is.

Nice work guys. Have any of you figured out the Trilogy intro from the REH video?

https://soundcloud.com/sidmody/ts5

Just a rough take while testing my new amp; was trying to get amp in the room sounds via the SM57. Some notes missing; some unnecessary :grin:

1 Like

1986, full run at 3.30 ?

1 Like

Been working on this track again… how’s that third lick sound?
The backing track really put the screw on me; I’ve punched it in but should be able to play it at a go soon.

ANybody have a good backing track they don’t mind sharing? This one throws me off!

2 Likes

I think he was just super nervous during that show. It was a huge opportunity for him. He seems rushed throughout most of that performance.