@troy Since my technical critique is closed, I have to ask here:

This might be dumb, but I do think that much of the lines and lessons you guys create are probably incredibly precise and specifically tailored to teach that thing, so maybe I’m the dumb one.

That said, in regards to the lines you suggested, is it those specifically I should be working on? Or can I add licks that seemingly accomplish the same thing? It’s not that these lines aren’t great, it’s that I’d like to have a bit more variety and add a few that give my fretting hand, or at least a finger or 2, a breather for just a second, but maintaining the 190+ picking? Like, the 4-1-3-4-3-1 single string line. It can be any combination of the 4 fingers or even adding open string, right? I’d basically do the same thing with other lines. It’s a bit preemptive because I jumped in too fast earlier today and it hurt it bit so I stopped. I started adding open strings and eventually end up doing a weird version of Thunderstruck… But, I was able to keep going.

Normally, I wouldn’t ask, but I’d rather not screw this up now that I’m finally on the way to figuring things out.

FYI you can still comment on a closed TC! It’s not obvious, I know — but people have questions so we left the ability to do that.

We’ve discussed the fretting thing and obviously staying injury free is paramount. So whatever fretting you want is fine. We’re just looking for simple lines that can go fast and be synchronized. We’ve used Thunderstruck-like patterns before to make fretting easier.

1 Like