Troy's Epic Solo Submission

@Troy I see that you’re first on Tyler’s best players on YouTube video. Great playing man, you’re a freaking animal. lol

Was this submitted just for his video or did he get the footage from somewhere?

7 Likes

Tyler connected with us a few months back on this and sent over a track that he composed. Graciously, he said he liked the synthy things we do in our soundtrack and wrote something in a similar style. Many props and thanks to him.

We’ve been a little swamped today and have been meaning to post this up, so thanks for the reminder!

7 Likes

Great stuff Troy! Some awesome lines in there. Are those new pickups in the Mustang?

Cool video and great to see you in there Troy. Also good to see Adam Neely.

Yeah, Troy has his own great sound. Good stuff.
Looks like he’s got a new 24” neck on the Much-Stang.
(clapping) Looks good!

Actually this is a different Mustang, a 1969, and it’s 22.5". Still have the 24", just went looking for the shorter scale model and found one earlier this year.

Same Zexcoil pickups as the others, I just removed the covers so I didn’t have to cut through the vintage pickguard.

2 Likes

Should have noticed the blue headstock! Sounds awesome! How many do you have now?

Just those two, and the Musicmaster. The slab body on the Musicmaster is quite a different feel, and alters your arm setup. Supinated approaches like dwps get a head start on guitars with the body forearm contour.

3 Likes

Looks and sounds like a sweet setup.

Wow, besides Troy killing it, that solo by Lari Basilio gave me goosebumps!

I look like this now:

3 Likes

I usually skip those competions, I stumbled upon this, cause YT was not able to give any intersting remmandations.
But I liked it, the guy did some very nice picks :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, Lari Basilio is incredible. But how in the world can this selection be complete without Stevie T.? This is ridiculous.

Never seen Lari before, but man, does she have her Andy Timmons down!

All these guys shown up by a girl!

I know its not a competition, but I enjoyed her’s and Pete Thorn’s solos the most.

OTH, some of these looked like they were improvised and others look like they were written out and practiced beforehand. Its all good.

I liked Tom Quayle’ solo the most. Also, being a cat lover, I loved the bass solo.

What band is Stevie T, in? I don’t think I’ve seen that name before except on here once, and I forgot to ask the name of his band. What style of music do they play?

Edit: I don’t recognize any of these players except Troy of course so when they say “the best players on YouTube” do they mean "the best players on YouTube that have’t yet been in a band or if they have, they aren’t currently with a band? I’m wondering if that’s what they mean because there are plenty of good and great players who you can find videos of on YouTube but they’re almost always performing with their band in those videos and none of these players were performing with a band. For example Paul Gilbert has YouTube videos of him playing alone but he also has plenty of videos on YouTube of him playing in Racer X, Mr. Big, etc.

Stevie T. is Steve Terreberry and he is not in a band, as far as I know.
He is doing some kind of guitar related comedy stuff which I find, for the most part, quite entertaining. He has some songs on youtube also. Great guitar technique.

Honestly I don’t know what qualifies you as a “Youtube guitar player”

Tom

2 Likes

I’d define “youtube guitarists” as players primarily known for their youtube channels. Stevie T, Troy Grady, Ben Eller, Levi Clay, Rob Scallon, Sarah Longfield, Jared Dines, Rob Chapman, Rabea Massaad, Tyler Larson (Music is Win), Ryan Bruce (Fluff). I guess Ola Englund counts now too. People like Andy Martin who is primarily known for doing pedal demos could be included as well.

1 Like