Troy's Hellcat amp

Hi Troy,

Have you had a chance to see the year of your Hellcat amplifier production? It should be marked under the hood, like this:

Thanks

1 Like

I’m a Hellcat owner also. If you don’t mind me asking, why is this of interest to you?

Here you go!

2 Likes

Oh, awesome! Thanks so much for the photos, Troy :+1::+1::+1:. If you have more shoots from inside, please post it.

I still don’t have one but I’ve been learning about this amp for some times. It has one of the best sounding drive channels I have heard. Martin has made some changes in preamp section over the years, different optocouplers/relays (shouldn’t affect the sound), some different resistor values (the voltage is important) and additional caps filtering after V1 stage. It shouldn’t be night and day difference in sound, but it’s good to know to compare. A German fellow Gunter invastigated this amp in more detail (he had four of them on the bench). He found the differences and drew detailed schematics (2002, 2006, 2011, +1?). I’m trying to contact him to ask about reference voltages, but he disappeared from three forums where he was active. It seems he was a nice and open guy who likes to help.