Trying DWPS and swiping. What do you think about the swiping?

I think your technique is coming along nicely. How much practice are you getting? I think you just need to log in some hours.

Here is a link to my thumb movement thread. I need to up,lad a new clip as I’ve studied a bunch of players and revise my thumb motions. Basically emulating Miller but much more exaggerated. Now anytime I’m changing strings on an upstroke, I extend my thumb backwards, and vice versa for down strokes. Kind of like my thumb is the end of a whip. It’s helping a lot with tracking and percussive power when desired also. Anyway I didn’t get a chance today but I’ll try to get a new clip up tomorrow

1 Like

Yup! These to setups feel completely different and therefore feel super awkward to combine. I do love the rotational thing though but have not been able to use that with UWPS. Have you experimented with that yourself?

I’ve tried this a bit now but I tend to go back to my earlier string hopping movements. Especially in UWPS which have been my setup for 15 years. I might continue to try different ways in the DWPS setup which is newer to me and may be more open to manipulation. But at the same time playing from feel has clearly not worked before. It was when you came along and showed how it all worked that I could get my head and hands around it. Well, this journey isn’t over.

I have put quite a lot of hours into this but I don’t have a daily routine. And when I practice it’s not very organised but I practise almost the same type of stuff all the time. Maybe I should have a schedule…

Cool! That looks interesting. I have experimentet with fingers before but not in the way that you do here. It would be really interesting to see how that looks from magnet perspective.

1 Like

Yngwie style baroque pedal tone licks can be done with swiping. As long as you make the outside string change in the direction of your pickslant.

1 Like