Trying to relearn picking the correct way after 20 years

Hey, welcome to the forum! Posting here is a great way to help us get to know you. Below are a few suggestions to consider mentioning. (Nothing mandatory; please introduce yourself as you see fit!)

Where are you in your guitar journey? Not far, just above basic.

• How many years have you been playing? 34
  • What musical genres are you interested in? Rock, Blues, Latin
  • Particular things you’re excited to learn / talk about here? fast picking in many styles

How have you gone about learning guitar so far? Books, VHS, Listening

• Self-taught? Regular lessons with a teacher? Both? few lesson with a teacher. 2 years of Classical guitar, the rest by myself.
  • Have you spent much time on technique before finding our stuff? somewhat. I have fingered picked mostly.
  • What Cracking the Code material have you watched? Pick design & Function up to Chapter 5, Pick Grip Chapter 1 and a bunch of free YouTube videos
  • Can you comfortably play a scale? At roughly what speed? I can play a scale but I don’t know how fast, but I hit wrong strings and my hands seem uncoordinated
  • Any particular things you find yourself stuck on? don’t know yet the technique to properly pick or how to hold it but I learned a few things in the videos that I began to apply.
3 Likes