Typing higher frets in guitar pro - any shortcuts?

If you are a guitar pro user, you’ll know that inputting any fret number between 0 and 9 is easy peasy: just press the number and you are done!

Anything above fret 10, i find it to be an absolute pain: you have to press two keys per note (halving the speed of your workflow), and I also find that I have to think harder to make sure I input the 2 numbers correctly (19 can easily become 91 when you are trying to work fast, etc.)

Anyone knows a shortcut for this? e.g. some tricks that automatically add 10 or 20 to a fret number?

2 Likes

This is probably a pretty obvious cludge: type your notes in…then transpose by 10 semitones.

You can get to transpose faster this way:

• select your notes
  • Command+E
  • type ‘tra’…Return to select the ‘transpose’ command
  • finish off the command so it reads as ‘transpose 10’
  • Return to commit

Watch out for stuff getting moved to the wrong string (easily fixed by Option+up/down).

2 Likes

Thank you! Nice workaround for when ALL the notes are above fret 10.

For mixtures like 8-12-10-8-10-12 it requires separate corrections to the notes that don’t go above 10.

This however may work nicely if it can be done in a single click with apple automator (or similar scripting stuff for windows/ linux)

I’ve perfected the double-digit flam between my right index and second fingers on the numeric keyboard and my left index on the arrow keys :laughing:

2 Likes