Univibe recommendations?

I am in the market for a univibe upgrade from my Tc Viscous Vibe. I have heard good reviews about the Drybell Vibe Machine v2 and the Jam Pedals retrovibe v2. Has anyone had any experience with these pedals?
I’m looking for a nice Hendrix sound combining it with a Sunface fuzz and wah.

Thanks

1 Like

check out the Sabbadius as well

1 Like

Lovepedal Vibronaut (the optical version)

1 Like

I have a Drybell Vibe Machine v2 and it is fantastic. For its size, there is nothing better IMO. If you want something more accurate to the original, you’ll have to go with something full size though. If that’s what you want, Sir Henry would be the way to go.

1 Like

The Sir Henry sounds amazing, but slightly more than I can justify spending.
The Sabbadiuus looks good but not easy to get here in the UK.
So far the Vive Machine is a strong contender.
I’m being nagged by the Jam Pedal Retrovibe through. Seems highly rated - and Dweezil Zappa uses one!
Wish I could try them all side by side. Sometimes the internet can really do your head in :slight_smile:

For what it’s worth, I had a Retrovibe and Vibe Machine v2 at the same time and I kept the Vibe Machine.

2 Likes

Why did you keep the Vibe Machine? I hear it is more versatile. Where as the retrovibe does that classic Hendrix style but nothing else.

I just liked how it sounded better. They are both great pedals, but the Vibe Machine sounded more 3D to me if that makes any sense. And the Vibe Machine does classic vibe tones fantastically.

1 Like

+1 for Vibe Machine, it’s on my want list.

1 Like

Thats it, I’m going for the Vibe Machine. Thanks for the advice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My pleasure. Glad I could help!

1 Like

Late to reply but chronic Vibe user here. I like the Fulltone Deja Vibe but also get really good thick swishy sounds from an old Boss CE-2 Chorus directly into the amp (not in the effects loop).

1 Like

I’ve had a real uni-vibe and played with a few more a couple of times, the adjustments on the Vibe 2 allow you to tune it to your liking and it can really get that lovely offset oscillator “fuh-fwump” sound of the original units. It’s the best clone I’ve ever heard, and it’s waaaaay quieter than an original.