Upward Pick Slanting Technique Critique!

Hello All! first time posting my technique here, ive known about pickslanting and what not for a little while. I am pretty sure I comfortably use Upward Pick Slanting although I haven’t really observed video of mine before. I am looking for any and all criticism of my playing, and also what kind of techniques you think that i am using! Thanks!

• I uploaded a video of 4NPS, 3NPS, 2NPS, and 1NPS!
1 Like

Looks like mostly wrist, but can’t totally tell your level of elbow involvement from this angle.

I’m guessing you’ve drilled the Rock Discipline chromatic a good amount, since that’s what you went with on the 4nps vid lol. I think you posted your strengths in order (4nps seemed best, with 1nps being your least effortless looking).

2 Likes

Sounds great overall! In “modern” terminology I’d describe you as a primary “downstroke escape” (DSX) player. The 1nps clip where you mix both escapes also looks great though!
You can read more about it in the link below.

The only comment I’d make is that the sound quality of the video is not good enough to tell whether there are any hand synchronization issues in the faster passages. Another small detail I noticed is that your timing is a bit uneven in the 3nps example.

But again, in the big picture this is pretty great!

1 Like

Thanks both of you!! Yes sorry for the sound quality issues! haha. I may have some timing issue there. It was just kind of freestyle 3nps so it may be a bit weird because of that, i was just kinda thinking as i was going!

2 Likes