USX, DSX Question

I started to learn both USX and DSX techniques, I watched a lot of the videos on youtube and the bulletproof wrist picking one, and the start with speed one several times.

I find that DSX is easier for me because I don’t have to unlearn anything to do that. I found what feels comfortable, easy, and what I can do pretty fast (faster than any technique I used before) while still maintaining control. I experimented for a couple of hours searching for the “spot” that felt the most effortless. My question is, is it normal to feel some slight tension in certain arm muscles, its not uncomfortable but it I feel my muscle/tendon in the bottom side of my arm getting slightly tense while doing DSX and the same on the other side of my arm when doing USX?

It depends on tempo I guess. In my case once I go beyond 220-240bpm (tremolo) I feel my biceps tensed. Sometimes I even do it intentionaly: it helps to keep other muscles (e.fg wrist) relaxed. I don’t know why and how it works, but it works. Seems like you just can’t play metal relaxed )

OK cool, I wanted to make sure I was doing it right. It’s quite the interesting technique for sure.