VOX classic rock mini amp

I’ve had this for years but only just tried to play with it properly, I sware it cuts out the legato notes, really badly, I’ve played with many amps before, and you acually want them to be less than they are, as even the slightest movement is amplified, but this little amp cuts out all the legato and makes it sound like a mouse. I think it’s great for forcing yourself to play harder, but terrible to shread and legato. I feel like shit playing this as all my legato work is gone. Might be a little loud, warning…

It really gets loud.

The legato is terrible tho. Really bad.

On an actual amp you’ll hear the legato, on this it’s super low, untill you hit the strings, and it goes very loud.

Mate, I’m not exactly sure what you are on about. Are you making a statement, or are you asking why this particular product reacts this way? Are you diving deeper and asking why distortion in the MI world in general has different characteristics? Trying to focus it in a little about what you are asking might yield better responses.

1 Like

I mean, this tone is like a fairly low gain crunch - good for some things, a bit anemic for others. Getting good volume hammers and pulls here requires a bit of a different, more robust technique, than you could get away with for something high gain.