What 80's shred dude am I thinking of?

He wasn’t a huge name. I believe he did an REH or Star Lick type video back in the 80’s or possibly very early 90’s. He was either from New York, or New Jersey, or Pennsylvania. I can’t remember which. He had brown hair, and his thing was playing pentatonics with a lot of extra notes thrown in here and there.

His style was pretty awesome, but I can’t for the life of me remember his name or find him while sifting through youtube vids for REH or Star Licks vids.

I know it wasn’t Joe Stump, Reb Beach, or Dave Sabo.

Richie Kotzen?

char limit

Nope, not Kotzen, either.

Howe!!! uh uh… GREG HOWE!!!

1 Like

Not greg howe, either.

Joey Tafolla?

2 Likes

Michael Lee Firkins?

1 Like

George Lynch?..

1 Like

I have to admit I don’t think there is a single guitarist that I could tell you what town they were from.

Except Tony Iommi.

Kee Marcello? Awesome video btw…

Nope, not the guy. Unfortunately…

If I remember correctly, his name was Dave…

Dave DiPietro from TT Quick?

1 Like

David T. Chastain…

1 Like

I recommend DiPietro. … he’s great.

Never cared for Chastain…

That’s him! He’s really got a great style that I admire.

1 Like

Dave is great. That video is awesome. You can see where Z.Wylde got a lot of his influence from…

1 Like

Is that from an REH or Star Licks video? I wonder where I could find the whole thing.

Neither I’m not sure of the company that put these out and I don’t think you can buy them anywhere somebody just uploaded them to YouTube If you have the patience you can write down the tabl as he’s talking which is what I did and just hope no one ever deletes It Off YouTube