What do you guys think of the Harley Benton Fusion II?

Spec wise it seems to have everything you’d want in a shredder guitar. 24 stainless frets, floyd rose 1000. It even looks like the guthrie govan guitar.

Is there another guitar that would offer better value than this?

I have one of the previous iteration, the Fusion without the “II”. I’m not sure if I have talked about it on this forum, probably not. The short of it: it’s not perfect and there can be flaws (or at least so it was on the previous model), but you have to pay twice the price if not more to find an instrument that’s objectively better on all fronts.

I got the lefty fusion II tele with the Wilkinson and it feels great. Pickups are not the greatest but the rest of the stuff is great. SS frets, roasted maple satin neck the fret ends were done very wells no sharp edges or nothing and Locking tuners for like 400 euro was a no brainer for me. I swapped out the pickups but i think everyone would anyway so I don’t feel bad. You will not find a better instrument playability wise in the price range with all the features you get.

Kind of late on the topic, but if you live in Europe, buying a Harley Benton is a sure (if potentially tedious) way to get a decent instrument for a very low price.

Due to Thomann’s return policies you should be pretty safe in checking what you got, and returning back to them if you don’t like it, until you get one you do actually like. Might need to cover the shipping fees, depending on which country you live in.

Other than that, Harley Benton is exactly what it appears - budgety guitars, with some great elements and occassionally spotty quality control, compensated for by Thomann’s returns policy.

I’d say in Europe they’re your best bet if you want a budget instrument, but you still shouldn’t expect the equivallent of a 1k eur MIK instrument.