What do you think the internet would be like if YouTube shutdown?

I had this thought that we all get sucked into the YouTube from time to time. But what would the internet feel like if it shutdown forever?

1 Like

Maybe I’m a bit sentimental, but I keep dreaming about the times when I had to wait for a week/month/year(s) for a song to be played on the radio and felt super lucky when I managed to record it on a casette tape. Same for video clips on the television. I know there’s a lot of benefits of YouTube as a platform but I also think it just killed the joy and has completely devalued video clips/live shows for me. Personally I’d be happy living without YouTube.

3 Likes

I think YouTube is an amazing resource. Even if 99.9% of the content is garbage, the 0.1% makes it worthwhile.
If it didn’t exist, I’d find other ways to waste my time.

5 Likes

We lost our internet connection for the last 3 days. It came back up this morning.

I can tell you what it was like at our house with no internet…it was quiet. Gloriously. Quiet.

3 Likes

What, do I just have instagram and TikTok? Unless the internet infrastructure to support YouTube is wholesale removed from the earth, then if YouTube were gone, along with Vimeo etc. then I’d be in line to work on creating the next YouTube lol.

like the movie hot tub time machine. :smiley: lougle

2 Likes

Vimeo would take its place

1 Like

If not for YouTube I’d have to pay someone to do the odd jobs around the house I learned how to do from YouTube videos. Not to mention dealing with certain computer hiccups. ;o)