What Guitar Should I Buy?

I should ask Gary how much that kiesel hack would run me.

I can try the Keisel V and see if Gary can mod it to my liking. If it looks like it’ll work; I’ll order one with better options.

It’s a about $2200 ($1900 + tax) to try the Kiesel V. If it looks like it might work, I can either return it and order a better one or use this one itself for the base. Gary can work on whatever I select when it’s selected.

I’m guessing it’s going to cost about $500 to modify the body to get a more reasonable shape.

If it doesn’t look like it will work at all, I can return it. I’ll get my money back, but will incur the cost of shipping (probably about $80).

https://www.kieselguitars.com/cart/cart.php?id=73b3b46601da1bbec6eb6c7599d8023e

Can I get a custom neck-thru blank, possibly with pickup and bridge routing? If so, I should be able to find someone to put the wings on it.

You know, for the 2700 bucks you’re looking at it’s possible you could just get someone to build you a custom to your exact specifications. Hipshot makes headless hardware.

Custom neck thru for $2700? Where? I’m seriously looking now…

If I were going headless, I would go with Sophia Tremolos. The 2:90 can fit into Floyd Rose routing.

I might also want either a zero fret or a nut with a 1-2 cm “headstock”. (This should make bending at the low frets easier.) Jumbo frets until the 17th fret, then slim tall frets thereafter, compound radius, etc… But that’s getting ahead. I could go on about product spec. And it would be great if I could get what I wanted in a quality hand-build instrument. Sure, I’d love a USA or Japan build, if I could get it.

Keisel sales rep says that the strap button placement and body size was determined by balance tests.

Changing the body size changes the balance, obviously.

So again, f I don’t like the result, I’m stuck with a weird guitar that doesn’t balance well. That only makes me hesitate more on pulling the trigger on a guitar.

JML Instruments has some neck thru Rhoads Vs and charge under 3k. https://www.instagram.com/jmlinstruments/

Hello, i would like to try the steinberger spirit to have a comfortable guitar to practice at home on the sofa maybe in headphones.

But after the good news of Steinberger coming back in 2018, i see today that social accounts and web site are quite dead… Nobody answers to requests…

Are there any news from the steinberger company or is Gibson going to kill it?

Other headless alternatives like traveler (too cheap) or strandberg (too expensive) or harley benton (too young) do not convince me.

Thank you

Agile brand has strand berg shaped headless…they range $500-$1000 range. I’ve played one…it was a descent instrument. Good pickups in it.

well it’s a guitar tho

One interesting V is this one, the Wolf Hofmann signature, but they’re worried about Gibson and it’s probably necessary to get it a little tangentially in the USA:

https://www.warwick.de/en/Framus---Artists--Artists.html

It was an epiphany watching Wolf Hofmann play, because I suddenly realized that I was holding a V all wrong…

Any news about an Ibanez headless guitar not bass?