When to swap worn out picks

It’s my post, about picks, I literally contributed the whole topic. You have actually contributed nothing. You came here after 9 months of no posts so that you could name drop Michael schenker on an unrelated topic. Please go away.

No, I won’t be going away. You contributed the “whole” topic. And? Members can post as often as they want to, or never. Frequency of posting makes no difference at all. Starting a topic doesn’t mean people can’t or shouldn’t post on subtopics that develop from it, whether they’re related or not. As far as I can tell, the site is all about sharing of information, not name dropping or name calling. What I posted was directly related to a comment and was fact based in nature. I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it if I were you.

You must be really enjoyable to live with.

The better I get at picking the more I find myself agreeing with Remy Hansen.
Picks make a negligible difference to your picking capability. Here he is talking about picks:

It becomes a matter of what one you prefer - and this includes pick wear. Change them whenenver you feel like it!

I went through a whole period (when I was not great at alternate picking) when I would only use one pick that had the optimal wear on it! As I got better at picking I can pick the same with anything. And I collect picks too.

So I use different ones each day depending on how I feel. This includes jazz 3’s and Flow picks. Has anyone tried a Flow? Awesome feel to them! I have a 3 mm one! It has no wear on that titan! :rofl:

Your results may vary of course.

1 Like

Yes, being civil and polite makes 99% of people happy…

Calm down lady’s lol Put the handbags down.

I personally am too lazy or efficient, either one, to change strings all the time. And I am used to muddy strings. Evh said they sound warmer and I find that too. But I definitely notice a massive difference when using other peoples guitars with clean strings and frets, it’s very loose and bending is almost to easy.

I think it’s the same concept with picks, personal preference. Different strokes, different blokes. And thats what makes life worth living. Variety. :grin:

1 Like

I simply dedicate one pick from a new pack as the “test” pick - If I notice that my pick is warn, I use the test pick to decide whether it is making a difference…done.

I was referring to how annoying it must be anytime your spouse asks you what you want for dinner you say “I don’t know, let me find out what Michael schenker had for lunch”

This from a fanboy who started a post about how many picks Malmsteen throws away each song? Hilarious.

3 Likes

I started out with and still use a Fender medium pick, I will sometimes use a fender heavy, and I wll also sometimes use a 1.5 mm Dunlop a la Yngwie. I cant say that I play like Yngwie so I don’t always use that 1.5 mm pick. I guess tepoint is “you do you” do what you think makes your playing better. Try diffierent things, the thick stiff pick does work for speed/shred stuff, it is accurate and synchoronous.