Where else is slow-then-build-speed a bad idea?

@Drew thanks man! well at this point i’ve tried a lot of things but i agree , in other stuff i apply the same method . i’ll keep looking to see what works.

@saintelsewhere yeah man i`m still waiting with all my soul that cory wong interview !! it’s been almost a year and counting really, really hope it comes out soon . with the joscho stephan approach do you feel comfortable playing funk? i feel it a little bit ackward but may be its just me

1 Like

No, I wouldn’t use it for funk. I’d switch to my trailing edge form because it has the right attack and feel- even if I can’t quite go so fast with it.

Inspired by this thread I spent an hour trying (yet again) to replicate Corey Wong’s setup. And for the first time I got some of those nice relaxed 32nd note strums at the end of my practice session.

Great man! Glad its possible! Any tips to do it? Wonder if its just. To slow it and increse tempo. And to do it for a while until it sticks , at least for all my fretting hand it really helped that approach