Would love some input!

Hey all, I’m looking for a little critique. I think my picking style is mostly downslanting with an upward escape, but I do a lot of tremolo outside of that.

I’m looking to try to increase my picking speed and hopefully be able to up my game.

Sorry the audio quality isn’t great!

[ blank line ]

[ blank line ]

3 Likes

Hi and welcome! It looked pretty good to me and definitely doesn’t seem “slow” at all. Is what you filmed your top speed and you want to play even faster? How does this feel for you?

It’s hard to see all the pick strokes due to lighting but it’s clear the example you’re playing is a USX friendly Riff. If your motion werebreally DSX I’d expect swiping and sloppy collisions etc. It doesn’t look like that’s happening, though I can’t feel what you are feeling. All that’s to say everything is working as it should. But yeah overall seems like great playing to me.

2 Likes

It’s not quite my top speed, it’s getting up there for sure but this is actually kind of a break down riff in something that I’m developing lol.

I definitely wouldn’t call myself slow, my main complaint is that I always feel like I’m right on the edge of being in that next upper echelon of players but just struggling to overcome something that I’m not even sure what it is if ya feel me.

I think when it comes to speedy playing I’m definitely a primarily usx guy, and I’m thinking the more I get into mechanics that a lot of my issues come from trying to force usx unfriendly runs into my style. As a result I think I’ve developed a very legato type playing to overcome the strings a bit.

This video might not be the greatest example of that last bit though.

1 Like