Wut (Bad tab or physically impossible to play)

I’ve surprised myself and most of Buckethead’s Soothsayer has come relatively easy to me thanks to the revelation of two-way pick slanting for the fast sixes runs.
However there is one part that I don’t even know how to begin to approach and that is this sweep part towards the end of the song. Is this tab correct and these hammers ons are the result of Bucket’s monstrously large Rachmaninoff esque hands or is there some tapping component that is left out in the tab.

1 Like

The Bucket does have massive hands and can reach these kind of stretches with legato. No point in trying to do it exactly the same way unless you’ve got a similar physique - you’re more like to cause an injury.

Just tap the high notes, nobody’s going to care if it sounds good.

2 Likes

I generally agree with this, and sometimes I even change some notes to make things more comfortable for my hands. Especially in fast passages the exact notes don’t matter as much as you may think (except for strong chord tones and things that fall on the beat)

3 Likes

I am not familiar with the song, but it looks like he is playing this in the “Greg Howe” style. If so, you could play bar one, starting on the 22 fret (which is tapped), pull off, pull off, hammer on from nowhere on the 15th fret B string, tap 19th, pull off 15, tap 19th fret D string (instead of the 16th fret G string), pull off 16th fret D, tap 19th fret D, hammer on from nowhere 15th fret B string, tap 21st fret E string, pull off, tap 21, hammer on 15th B, continue as before.