Yamaha THRX10! Great SS amp

I’ve had some Line 6 amps in the past and they sound good. The draw with the Yamaha THRX, is that it has, imo the closest tube amp sound for a SS amp. I emphasize the THRX. The other models weren’t very impressive.

There’s nothing that touches the purity of the tube amp. These modelers are good for what they are, but they make every guitar sound the same.

1 Like

Lol… what??? Can you clarify?:grinning:

You know, small format pedals, on a little board to match the diminutive size of the THR.

I’m just assuming the “clean” model is based on a Twin, and set it up with the master wide open and the gain so there’s no hair and let the pedals do the rest.

Ok, I got confused when wrote you were going into a “twin”…

You set up the THRX clean, with pedals in front?

I tried using a looper with the THRX, but with the gain it was a total mess

A question to people already having this amp:

I’ve seen many YouTube demos and it sounds great, but how does it respond to different right hand dynamics? Is it forgiving?

I’m tired of plugins because they make you sound good, even if you barely touch the strings, but I can’t crank a tube amp where I live.

You can modify the compression within the editor if that helps.

This is my back up amp to move around the house.

I have my EVH combo in the basement. It has an attenuated and I can play fairly low, overdrive…

I hear you on that one. I got the THR10 and it was not good. I didn’t keep it for long before selling it. I regretted not getting the X

1 Like