Yet another style of pick technique to define and conquer?

Saw this article and right off the bat, when the player starts cranking up the speed, knew I’d need to seek out some help and advice of the pros.

I don’t think I’ve seen Troy Crack this Code yet.
I sure hope he can give us some insight:

Thanks to anyone who might be able to elaborate.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for posting!

I’ve hidden some in-depth analysis below so people can watch the video first without spoiling the secret:

Click to reveal the speed secret…decoded!

LMAO totally got me. Happy April Fools either 13 days early or 352 days late :wink:

For those of you who didn’t watch the full video: the “secret technique” is to just play really fast and sloppy, basically just…pick faster with no regard to accuracy / synchronization. A very good parody of a very bad YouTube lesson haha.

2 Likes

okay so which vid am I supposed to click without spoiling the secret?

actually now that I see it is TXBA, ive probably already seen it a while back

Try the video link, not Brendan’s link. I sure hope we can figure this out soon, my back’s hurting as much as my shoulder and wrist are…

alternate title: “how to sound like I sounded 25 years ago”

Lol, I got to 2.5 mins and went to heaven. If only I had known the secret years ago. Sorry Troy, I want my money back!!

I’m really hoping that some of the more advanced folks out there who can at least dabble with this style/technique can post some slow motion video so that we might be able to determine what is going on.

It’s extremely different from the gypsy picker DWPS style.

@Troy - Any insight? Maybe an entirely new seminar or something?

1 Like

“modal stuff like heavy metal guys do”

That statement right there instantly lets me know this guy isn’t probably that sophisticated of a blues player if he thinks playing modally is just for metal guys.

1 Like

Guys, it was posted on April 1st.