Yngwie in England tonight

Going to see Yngwie in Wolverhampton tonight. I can’t wait, first time seeing him live! Any othe CtC readers going?

4 Likes

Seeing him in Camden on Sunday, can’t wait! Was supposed to see him before COVID but it got pushed back and then cancelled, first time seeing him as well :smiley:

1 Like

27 Marshall amps! Only 5 switched on though :joy: And only 2 with input leads plugged in!

4 Likes

Wow what a show! He still has the energy and charisma :guitar::fire::+1:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Those non powered amps actually make the powered on amps sound better, few know this.

3 Likes

Well, I may as well stop going to gigs because nothing else will be as good as that, hopefully he comes to England again soon, very surreal seeing him! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

He played Evil Eye and Now Your Ships Are Burned so I can now die happy :laughing: Only a small venue really, was probably only 6 meters away - had such a great view of all his playing!

6 Likes

#SocialDistanceFromYngwie is trending on “X”!!!

2 Likes

I’ve seen Yngwie a couple of times over the years in New York, he’s always great. Glad you all enjoyed!

He really ought to call English tours “Yngland” or something like that.

7 Likes

That’s bloody brilliant!

5 Likes

I saw him in my hometown in Sept. Good show . Ill go see him as long as he keeps coming around.

2 Likes

He literally. Is my god.

2 Likes

I saw him in a small club, people were putting in earplugs I said “he doesnt play out of all those amps…its the backline the Yngwie wall of Marshalls…” Honestly it wasnt offesively loud and youd miss out on the tone with ear plugs in IMO. Theres nothing like the sound of his Strat and Marshalls…

2 Likes

Towards the end of the show he used some foot pedals to trigger some sustained low tones to solo over. The sound of that was epic!

1 Like

I was there in London thinking there must be a lot of ctc people in the crowd! Is one secret to his playing changing the pick every minute or is that just to look cool? The man is really the true guitar hero - I’m so happy to have seen it!

2 Likes

I’ve seen Yngwie 7 times. His playing on this tour is as good as he was back in the 80’s. Before this, he was phoning it in at times, to outright wasted. He could still play, but he’s on fire right now.

1 Like

Yngwie is on a roll now. I beleive he is really enjoying himself this time out. I bought Parabellum and I listen to it frequently I enjoy listening to the guitar runs, I beleive that is part of maybe figuring out how to play them one day… to have listened to them frequently you end up knowing how they should sound.

1 Like

Can you tell me more about this? Very intrigued.

Was is one of these, he’s had the original model a while.
Holy grail pedals!

1 Like

I think it’s contained in the same esoteric grimoire that demonstrates how magic diodes in overdrive pedals are formulated.

1 Like