Yngwie looks like he is knitting!?

i think im on to something hear me out haha ! im sitting here practicing dwps and im working on 3 notes per string use economy or sweep picking whatever you wish to call it and im having an issue feeling the up stroke and what to feel the motion more consciously … so i try to chunk it and isolate it but i get frustrated but in the back of my mind i remember as a kid watch yngwie and seeing his thumb kinda pick some of the notes and so instead of using my wrist try flipping my thumb well … that doesn’t get me the speed i want and remembering what batio said you cant pick fast if your flicking your thumb … anyways i noticed yngwie doing both and never put it together what he might be doing … if you watch him sweep you might notice the thumb flick thing am i right??? well i feel like when doing the sweep part of a 3 note per string run the 2 downs in a roll come from the thumb joint … im gonna try to put a video up of what im talking about haha… h/o

1 Like

is this circular picking ? cause i never could make that work ??? anyone with some insight?

ah no i feel this is different…

Like this?

1 Like

maybe ??? … you talking about 6 mins in? since you mention that the cross picking thing is making more sense … well heck i think you might be right … it feels more like a push tho and not an escape

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Troy discusses this in the Volcano seminar. I think that’s how Rick Graham sweeps as well. There’s some Japanese guy that’s epic at it, but I can’t for the life of me remember his name…

2 Likes

That’d be Takayoshi Ohmura.

3 Likes

yep

2nd angle shows slightly supinated hand position.

1 Like

Cesar Filho does it too, amazing player in the style of Yngwie

very sick

3 Likes

Sweet mother of Jesus, that guy is good…

1 Like

yeah, at least 2 of us here have his course on Yngwie…now we need someone who speaks Portuguese!

I learned this much: Baixo (“basho”) = down, Cima = up lol

2 Likes