Yngwie Malmsteen commercial from the 80's

I did a quick search of the forum and I didn’t see this posted before. Sorry if I missed it.

I like the beginning in this “Yngwie commercial” where his fingers are moving all over the place (but in a small area) and it sounds real stormy and dense.

3 Likes

That sweep he does is also great. Really pops. He had so much finesse.

It’s interesting how if you start a thread you can make multiple posts in a row but otherwise you need to wait till someone else posts to then post again. These forum things.

I like this line that follows in video below… is it 4 notes that start it? I think those are the best 4 notes I’ve ever heard in shred, and they aren’t even played fast. It’s just such a statement of alarm and purpose. It’s sounds a little sad and honest and like there is a truth there no matter how it plays out.

2 Likes

And what is also interesting to me here is that I believe this commercial was 1986 - and his playing (and tone) in it sounds more like the Steeler and Alcatrazz playing - to me anyway!

1 Like

This C note (I think) that he emphasizes in the middle of the speediness before he really takes off - for some reason - sound wise - in this track reminds me of the first second or so of Godzilla 's roar from the old Godzilla movies. Especially if considered within context listening before that note is played and after. Or maybe I just have a hearing problem lol.