Yngwie talks Strat history and some playing

Yngwie talks some Strat history. Some cool shots of his picking hand as well.

4 Likes

Leo Fender was a genius, to be sure!

Over the decades that followed, we got just a few improvements:

• HSH (and other options)
  • Locking tuners
  • Better finishing materials

The locking bridge and nut is an innovation, but it has big pros and cons. Did I miss anything?

1 Like

Cool video! It never gets old watching/hearing Yngwie do his thing; It’s really pretty dang cool how he’s stuck to his guns and done “Yngwie” over the years, and never compromised (despite good or bad outcomes hahaha) And to see/hear the sheer effortlessness of his playing? Wow. The guy is awesome.

2 Likes

Is it just me or Yngwie is moving “less” but still playing as fast as usual? His playing looks so effortless in that video.

I can’t see a picture of Yngwie these days without thinking he MUST be an Elvis fan, or at least was as a kid or something. The mutton chops, the black clothing, the white guitars, the leopard print straps, all the showmanship… Like, that CAN’T be a coincidence.

1 Like

When are we gonna get a Danzig, Yngwie collab album hahahaha

2 Likes

99% of my YJM views have been since I joined this site and I’m constantly blown away at how effortlessly he picks. Of course I heard him back in the 80s but I don’t really like the neo-classical sound so it was just bits and pieces. The 1% of my views of him before here was the Pantera home video and the debacle with the donuts lol

2 Likes

Now that’s something I can get on board with :sweat_smile::love_you_gesture::fire::fire:

1 Like

I would pay so much to see Yngwie rocking a Gretsch hollowbody and Danzig crooning

1 Like

Yes! I’d be all over that! :love_you_gesture:

1 Like