Your Fantasy Gig

Imagine you have the ability to go back in time and replace any guitarist in any band or solo act and be able to do it well. Which guitarist’s place would you take?

For me it’s between Led Zeppelin and Judas Priest. Being in Jimmy Page’s place would lead to more fame, money, and women, but as much as I love their music, it’s hard rock and I really am hooked on heavy metal, ha ha! So, I would most likely go back to the early 1970s and take either K.K. Downing’s or Glen Tipton’s place in Judas Priest. Being onstage with Priest in front of 20,000 fans and cranking out Victim Of Changes would be awesome!

If you’ve never heard that song, here it is

If we’re talking about hard rock guitar, I would like to have Richie Kotzen’s gig back in late 90s, or early 00s. Perfect sound, good crowds and I always wanted to be huge in Japan, don’t know why! :smile:

In a more heavy oriented music, I would certainly want to be a Nameless Ghaul in Ghost. I love the concept, the esthetic part and the music of course.

When I was a kid I wanted to replace Slash in Guns N Roses. Then I saw that Buckethead replaced him and I gave that dream up immediately! :smile:

1 Like

Heh heh, I like that. I saw them on TV from when they had Bumblefoot in the band and he was good too. Axl has played with some great musicians hasn’t he?