Zakk Wylde Guitar World Bootcamp 2004

Ridiculously specific request I know, but does anyone know where I can find the audio examples for this?

My brother asked if I had any good exercises to send him so I found these in my downloads folder from somewhere, but figure 12 is bugging us both in that we can’t quite work out how it’s supposed to sound(though I have a feeling it will be obvious once I hear it):

1 Like

have you tried to play it in guitar pro? Or is it one of these things that sound weird in midi form?

1 Like

The quarter note and 8th note together in a triplet and the number of notes in the bar are confusing both me and tuxguitar/powertab

1 Like

Oh that’s crazy, I hadn’t noticed! My brain automatically assumed everything was triplets until the 16th note part. Maybe that is the way the lick was intended, and the tab omits the “-3-” sign by mistake?

Edit: also the way the notes are grouped together smells of triplets. 8th notes would be grouped in twos.

yeah that would sort it out

In classical music like sometimes with Bach pieces they just omit the “3” above the beam, assuming it’s understood as a triplet. Don’t see it all the time but I saw it recently.

3 Likes

Just came across this on YT, at about 3:51 I think Zakk plays that riff…

2 Likes