Can't log in to main site to access lessons?

Hi guys,

Apologies if this is the wrong place to raise the issue!

I can’t log in to the site, though I am logged into the forum fine; I’ve tried different browsers/computers/tablets, and when I try to log in, the screen just reloads.

Have you currently got an issue or am I missing something?

1 Like

Hi! Sorry for the confusion. The main site should be up and running. Are you able to hit the login screen? Are you getting an error? What’s the error? We did install some security software and it’s possible it’s being a little picky. If you’re still having issues, email us at support at troygrady dot com and we’ll take a look asap!

Huh, I actually saw this message this morning, tried logging in and it was fine. Just now though, I don’t know why but the forum prompted me to login. When I clicked through, I got to the login page on your main site (i.e. /my-account) and I experienced the same thing @zaidcrowe reported. No messages or anything, the page just reloaded.

I cleared my browser cookies for the site and that seemed to allow me to login. I’ll see if I can make this reproduceable enough for us to figure out why it’s happening since what I just did seemed sort of random and “rain dance-ish”

Awesome thanks. It could be that the security setup is being picky about session cookies or something. The forum is technically running on another machine so it may see this as risky in some way.

Hi all.

Firstly, thank you for being responsive, and props for transparently communicating the potentially security issue with the site and proactively dealing with it!

Regarding the issue it self; I can now access the platform fine, thank you!

1 Like

For anyone else reading, just to recap, the problem is that you fill out the login form and hit submit, but the page just refreshes and nothing happens. You don’t get an error, but you don’t log in either.

Luckily the fix is simple. We think it has to do with older cookies hanging around in your browser. If you delete any cookies from troygrady.com, you should be able to log in again.

The process for doing this is different depending on the browser you’re using. But for example, if you use Chrome, you can paste this into your URL bar:

chrome://settings/siteData?searchSubpage=troygrady.com

This will show the cookie entry for our site. Then, where it says “troygrady.com”, you can click the trash icon. Once you do that, you should be able to log in.

Another way in Chrome is just just click the “lock” symbol immediately to the left of our domain in your URL bar. This will pull up a little menu. Click on cookies, which will show cookies for our site. And then click the “remove” button.

Either of these methods will only delete cookies for our site, and not for others. So you won’t have to log in again on other web sites you use.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and let us know if this helps.